From Ayodele Samuel, Lagos Lagos state government has suspended her independent investigation into the cause of the building collapse at Synagogue Church of All Nations, killing no fewer than 86 people 13 days ago. Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Lateef Ibirogba confirmed this yesterday, as he disclosed that all findings on the disaster would be withheld pending the outcome of another probe panel set up by the Federal Government. The State government had on Monday called a world press conference on the disaster, which was later in the evening rescheduled for 10 am Tuesday. At noon yesterday, Ibirogba announced that the briefing had been cancelled based on “experts’ advice”. He said the advice was taken so as not to be “prejudicial or indict anyone” since the FG’s committee was already investigating the disaster. Ibirogba said: “We have some issues coming up and they had to be taken care of. More so, we (Federal and State) are in the same government and we are one. We would not want to do anything that will embarrass anyone, ourselves or compromise ongoing investigation being carried out by others. This is why we are putting this off; please bear with us,” he said. On the rationale of FG setting up another probe panel after State-own committee had concluded findings; Ibirogba said the fresh probe was in order since nationals of other countries were involved in the disaster. It would be recalled that the South African government had called on the FG to quicken investigation into the building collapse, as the former said “84 out of 115” who died in the tragic incident were South Africans. The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), shortly after the conclusion of rescue operations, had put the total number of the dead at 86.