Selfish leaders in North responsible for 70% of crises – Shehu Sani

From Femi Oyelola, Kaduna

The President of the Civil Right Congress, Comrade Shehu Sani at the  weekend has said 70 per cent of crises in the zone is the handiwork of selfish and greedy leaders, while the remaining 30 per cent was imposed on the region by President Goodluck Jonathan and associates.Comrade Sani made this disclosure while identifying with members of Coalition of Closed Unpaid Textile Workers Association (CCUTW) in Kaduna.

He said that the time has come for the people to take their destiny into their hands.According to him, the region has enough natural and human resources which if well harnessed could sustain its economy without necessarily depending on federal allocation, this is even as he decried the neglect by the representation of the region.

Sani, who is aspiring for the Kaduna Central Senate seat, under the auspices of All Progressives Congress (APC), said the northern leaders, while at the helm of  affairs, had the opportunity to industrialize and turn around the misfortunes of the region but failed to do so and leaving behind a region that is backward and whose future is in doubt.

“For over three decades when the Northerners were in power, they used the opportunity simply to empower the traditional rulers and make the rich richer.

“But what is very clear is that northern part of Nigeria can live without oil revenue. What it only need is political leaders that will clearly understand the reality of change that is fast taking place in Nigeria and the world.

“It is time for northern political leaders to sit down and devote more energy to the economic revival and empowerment of the region as much as they devote energy to political future of the rich.

“Northern part of Nigeria has a lot to deliver to its people.

 The need to revive textile industries, agriculture, invest in solid minerals and the possibility of exploiting oil from the North is indispensable.

“Today, the resources in existence in the North, both human and natural resources are enough to develop the region, to improve the living standard of people and upgrade its own status in the country.

Meanwhile, leaders of the Textile workers’ union promised their support for his senatorial ambition come 2015.” he stated.

Shehu Sani also vowed to prioritize the plight of the textile workers if elected. He however assured them that he will facilitate their meeting with the Northern Governors Chairman and appropriate offices in Abuja.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *