Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Tue, Nov 11th, 2014

Pay your outstanding bills, power coy pleads with consumers

Share This

From Femi Oyelola, Kaduna

The Managing Director of Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company, KEDC, Alhaji Idris Danlami Mohammed yesterday appealed to consumers of the electricity power supply to reciprocate its efforts of ensuring stable power by paying their outstanding bills.

Alhaji Mohammed made the appeal while addressing the press briefing on the company’s achievements and challenges in the last two years.

The MD who strongly expressed his worry over the non compliance of the customers in terms of paying their outstanding bills noted that if the customers don’t pay he is afraid the company won’t be able to sustain what they have been able to achieve.

He gave the last company collection of revenue in March at the sum of 1.25billion naira in the four states of Kaduna, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara saying “I feel happy that power is available and our customers are enjoying power service 24 hours a day. But my headache now is that power that they have been enjoying it means that the bills they have to pay will now almost multiply. But there is no corresponding increase in my revenue for giving my customers power supply 24 hours

and this is my major challenge.

“The greatest challenge is for customers to pay off their bills. Power supply have been addressed. Kaduna is now a modern city, you now have power supply for 20 hours.

“If they don’t pay I’m afraid we won’t be able to sustain what we have been able to achieve. It gives us worry. We need to reciprocate each other. We have serious problem with customers not paying their bills.

“Last company collection of revenue in March is 1.25billion naira. The revenue collection is not uptil what we employed in March.

“Disconnection of power is a last resort. We don’t like taking it because we believe everybody is responsible. Disconnection creates apathy between you and the customer,” he said.

On it achievements so far in the last two years, Alhaji Mohammed said for projects in Kaduna metropolis it has attained 90% while its hoping to achieve the remaining 10% before the end of next year which includes areas like Jaji, Ungwan Dosa, Saminaka and Birnin Gwari and will be commissioned before the end of the year.

The MD however assured it customers of effective and stable power supply saying it will not rest on its oars to ensure availability of power supply.


Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: