Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Wed, Dec 16th, 2020

Niger APC Legal kicks over embattled chairman claims

Share This
Tags

From Yakubu Mustapha, Minna

The Niger state All Progressive Congress APC, acting Legal Adviser Barrister Khaleed Ibrahim Aliyu has accused the embattled party chairman Engineer Mohammad Jibrin Iman of insensitivity over his alleged false claims in media publications.
Aliyu debunked the said claims in a press release he issued yesterday and made available to our reporter in Minna, saying that the embattled chairman has no right of claiming the state APC chairmanship position any longer sequel to the provisions of the laws.
Apparently, Engr Imam in a press briefing however advised the National Caretaker Committee of APC to comply with the 8the December, 2020 NEC resolution to be sworn in together with other congress elected officials as the Caretaker Committee of the party in Niger state.
According to Khaleed, “Engineer Imam, the former Chairman, Secretary and former Treasurer of the party were sacked from office for gross misconduct, financial misappropriation and abuse of office. In passing a vote of no confidence on Imam and the two others, Section 17 of our party’s constitution was invoked in which we gave all of them fair hearing by setting up a committee to look into their case” he stated.
He added that “the National Caretaker/Convention Committee Headed by Alhaji Mai Bala Buni has already on the 11th December, 2020 inaugurated Alhaji Saidu Aliyu Galkogo as the Caretaker Committee Chairman of the party in Niger state. This singular act has already put paid to any claim Imam has over the Chairmanship of the APC in Niger state. He should therefore stop groping in the dark”.
Barrister Aliyu further revealed that they actually took him to court but sequel to the intervention of the National Executive Committee of our party which directed all branches with cases in court to withdraw them, being a law abiding people they obeyed the instruction.
He explained that the case Engineer Imam has in court currently does not have anything to do with the APC but a Criminal case between him Engr Jibrin Imam and the Commissioner of Police in Niger state.
On marginalization, Khaleed emphasized that, “we can say without any fear of contraction that eighty percent (80%) of all political appointments have gone to card-carrying members of the party while members of other political parties and those who did not have any political affiliation shares the remaining 20%” he declared.
The party Legal Adviser reminded the embattled chairman that government belongs to everyone in the society and that they were only enjoying the privilege of being the party in government, he noted that governor Abubakar Sani Bello has provided the required dividend of democracy for the citizens hence the party was satisfied with his record of achievements thus far.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: