Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Tue, Apr 1st, 2014

NFF in cold war with Keshi over Eagles’ provisional list

Share This
Tags

KeshiThere is every indication that the Super Eagles provisional list expected to be released this week may not be ready after all following a declaration by Head Coach Stephen Keshi that he would only determine when to make public his team list ahead of this year’s World Cup slated for June in Brazil.

Keshi who spoke at the weekend in Abuja also hinted that the 35-man list being promulgated by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) would not be possible as he intend to invite fewer players to enable him focus on who he wants to feature at the world cup which is about two months away.

His recent declaration counters NFF’s earlier statement through its Technical Committee Chairman, Barr Chris Green that the football body expected Keshi to submit a provisional list of no fewer than 35-man provisional list which he is expected to defend Wednesday this week.

Only last week, the country’s football governing body fired a query to the Big Boss as Keshi is fondly called directing him to explain why he would proceed on leave before the day he was given approval as well as why he choose to attend a get together in Lagos and refused to honour an invitation by its technical committee who called him for a meeting,

Keshi while speaking on the number of players he intends to invite ahead of the world soccer competition said “I don’t know where stories that I should invite 35 players to camp are coming from. I have less than three weeks to prepare for world cup and so we need to be serious because of the limited time at our disposal.

“Earlier, I heard 40 should invite later 35. May be next I will hear could be 25. All the same I will only invite those who will give us what we need. And I intend to make the list available at the right. All those clamoring for the release of list, have anyone heard that any country has released their own list?

“We need to be a bit careful of what we say especially on the media. World Cup is not a jamboree. Is a serious business and so we need to take it serious”

NFF technical committee chairman Barr Green had earlier told 2muchsports that the country cannot afford to be disgraced at the world cup stage.

 

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: