Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Fri, Aug 15th, 2014

Lesotho rejects Nigeria match over Ebola outbreak

Share This
Tags

The Lesotho Football Association (LeFA) has called-off their national under-20 team’s trip to Nigeria, where they were supposed to play Flying Eagles in the first leg, third round match of the 2015 African Youth Championship in Abuja on Saturday. “This serves to inform the nation that our Under-20 (Makoanyane XI) will not be able to travel to Nigeria to honour their first leg of the third round of the African Youth Championship scheduled to be played on the 16th August in Abuja, Nigeria, due to the reported outbreak of Ebola in some West African countries including Nigeria,” said a statement from LeFA.

“It will be recalled that the NEC had earlier raised its concerns about the safety of our team.

“After careful consideration with regards to the safety of our team and also in line with the a government directive that all ports of entry be closed to persons traveling to and from among others Nigeria, the NEC hereby informs that the team will not be travelling to Nigeria for the said encounter.”

The statement further explained that an urgent letter has been sent to Confederation of African Football (CAF) advising on the situation and requesting that the said game be postponed and be rescheduled to play in another country on a later date.

 

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: