Jurgen Klopp says he is “not worried” about Mohamed Salah’s fitness but Liverpool will wait before deciding if the forward plays against Napoli.
Salah was an unused substitute in Liverpool’s 2-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday after Klopp said the forward’s ongoing ankle injury was “still there”.
He was left out of Egypt’s squad for their recent Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Kenya and Comoros in order to continue treatment on the injury, which he aggravated against Manchester City earlier this month.
“Mo looks really good,” Klopp said ahead of facing Napoli today, when Liverpool will secure a place in the last 16 of the Champions League with a victory.
Salah, 27, originally suffered the injury in Liverpool’s 2-1 win over Leicester City on October 5, hobbling off the pitch at Anfield after coming under a second-half challenge from Foxes midfielder Hamza Choudhury.