Kaduna Dep Gov escapes death as fire razes residence

From Femi Oyelola, Kaduna

Kaduna state Deputy Governor, Ambassador Nuhu Audu Bajoga has escaped unhurt after a fire outbreak engulfed the bedroom in his official residence on Wednesday night.

In a press release issued by the Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor, James Swam, while reacting to insinuations that the house was completely razed down, described the fire incident as minor, even though he said the Deputy Governor’s bedroom was badly affected.

According to the statement, made available to newsmen in Kaduna, “The incident, which occurred around 8:00 pm, started in the master bedroom, through a suspected electrical fault, but was promptly put out by the combined efforts of firefighters and the security personnel.

“His Excellency was not in the bedroom when the fire occurred and glory be to God, there was no casualty though the room was badly affected” he stressed.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *