Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Thu, Feb 8th, 2018

IBBU Lapai matriculates 4,089, denies 4,277 candidates admission

Share This
Tags

From Yakubu Mustapha Minna

The Vice Chancellor of the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU), Lapai, Professor Muhammad Nasiru Maiturare had said that 4,377 candidates were denied admission out of 8,466 screened for the 2017/2018 session.
He said that out of the 8,466 candidates that underwent admission screening, only 4,089 candidates were offered admission. Maiturare while speaking at the 12th Matriculation Ceremony for the 2017/2018 Academic Session yesterday in Lapai, further said that 17,751 applied for admission from all states of the federation and Ghana adding that this session’s admission exercise has been very challenging as a result of the rise in the number of applicants into the University.
The University boss explained that some students were admitted into courses other than what they applied explaining that about 75 per cent of the candidates applied for ten of the courses on offer which left the other 20 courses without much students.
“About 75 per cent of the candidates apply for 10 of the courses on offer, with most of such courses having over 1,000 applicants, leaving the other 20 programs with just about 25 per cent of the applicants. I therefore urge you to accept the new course wholeheartedly and do your best to excel in it”, he advised.
He advised the matriculating students to adopt positive attitudes, remain agents of positive change and be peace advocates that would remain focused on to educational pursuit.
He expressed the readiness of the institution to create conducive and enabling environment to make the students realize their full potential however advised the students to report to the relevant department like SERVICOM of sexual abuse and other negative tendencies for appropriate action.
The governing council chairman, Dr Mohammed Dan- Suraki in his speech urged the students to be guided by the university rules and regulations as anyone going wanting to be prepared to face the wrath of the law while assuring to pursue the institution mission and vision with vigor to achieve the desire goals.
The event witnessed the decorations of five students medals at last sports event ad well scholarship award for overall best students in various course of studies.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: