From David Hassan, Gombe
Gombe state government has said they have reached an agreement with the organized labour to deduct monthly income of workers to implement Gombe state contributory scheme (GOheath).
The commissioner of Health in the state Dr. Habu Dahiru made the confirmation to Journalists shortly after a meeting with organized labour on Monday at government house.
He said the deduction of 3.5 percent of workers in the state was in line with the state government effort to implement a contributory scheme to benefit workers through GOheath programme.
Dr. Dahiru also explained that the excise is only mandated for state government workers the trade union to key into the programme.
He said due to challenge that is facing the Local Education Authority and Local Government Area councils on proposed minimum wage approved by the federal government he noted that the LEA and LGA will also join the scheme after their demands are made.
According to him, the contributory scheme will take off soon as government are fully ready for the excise.
He said workers will contribute 3.5 percent of their monthly income as while as government will contribute 3.5percent in their covers to make a total of 7 percent to benefit each worker.
Dr Dahiru while expressing government commitment said the scheme will be be Flagg off in July by Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya.
Also speaking, the Executive secretary of Gombe state contributory health scheme GOhealth Dr. Abubakar Musa told Journalists that the scheme will benefit couple that include the father his wife and 4 children to get access to hospitals facilities in affordable price and warned that only children below 18years will be registered as informal beneficiaries.
He assured that the beneficiaries of the scheme will be treated effectively and called on the the state government workers not to hesitate to join the scheme.