By Ahmed Tahiru Modibo
A fire outbreak on Sunday afternoon rendered a family homeless and damages properties worth thousands of naira including school certificate belonging to both parents and children in Kabusa-Abuja.
The fire breakout at about 1: pm local time when the family was out for Sunday service. The curse of the fire was unknown as the family disclosed that they disconnected all electrical devices before living to the church
According to Mr.Emmanuel, the house owner,: “I was called while at church by my neighbor that my house was on fire but I could not believe what he was saying.suddenly,after ending the call, my apprentice from the chop called me and told me the samething.it was then that I started feeling it on my body. So I immediately headed to where my wife was attending to some women and told her that we should go home but she asked what was wrong and I tried not to tell which I later gave up due to her persistence. On approaching to the house, I sighted some smoke emanating toward my house direction and my wife immediately broke down in dismay.”He said.
Some of the youth present at the scene attempted rescuing some of the family belongings but all effort proved abortive as the fire cover both the two doors.
When asked if the curse was electricity or gas, the family said only God knows what the curse of it was stating that nothing was left on.
Meanwhile, the leaders in the community said no life was lost and assured the family of their support to bring back hope and carter for their need. Some neighbors were seen offering clothing material to the family.
An elderly man in the community, Malam Abu-Bakr condoled with the family and warned the general public to be aware of such disastrous incident stating that fire is easy to escalate in this harm tan season. He gave the warning while addressing the crowd at the scene.