Guinea gets help on test and treatment of Ebola from the World Health Organisation and the National Atlanta Research Centre of the U.S.
Sixty-one people have so far died in Guinea from the Ebola disease since the beginning of the year, while 23 others are in hospital, the country’s health ministry said Sunday.
The head of health services in Guineas ministry if health, Sakoba Kéita, said that the only new positive case was reported on Thursday 1,000 kilometres away from Conakry, the Guinean capital.
He said the official statistics indicate that 35 cases and 15 deaths have been confirmed in Conakry; 58 cases and 34 deaths in Guéckédou.
He added that in the south; 13 cases and 10 deaths in Macenta in the south; one case and one death in Kissidougou, in the south, and one case in Dabola in the centre, with one death.
Mr. Keita said that the tests were carried out by national and international experts, mainly from the World Health Organisation, WHO, and the National Atlanta Research Centre of the U.S. (PANA/NAN)