Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Thu, Oct 3rd, 2019

Director warns as fire guts down two houses in Yobe

Share This
Tags

From Uche Uche, Damaturu.

The Executive Director, Yobe State Fire Service Board, Abba Adams, has warned residents against carelessness with regards to things that causes fire outbreaks in home which results in loss of properties and sometimes, lives.
He gave the warning yesterday in his office while speaking to our state correspondent shortly after two fire outbreaks that occurred, one in Ganye Uku and another in Gwange ward, all in Damaturu the state capital which, without the intervention of the fire-fighters, would have resulted to loss of much personal property.
“Our men are ready at any time, we are working for 24 hours anytime here both at the zonal and state headquarters, we have two vehicles there and one ambulance, here we have two vehicles and one ambulance, in government house we have two vehicles and ambulance, we have all the necessary equipment which the state government has provided for us for the protection of lives and properties of the citizenry in the state capital,” he stated.
He however stated that the agency is involved in humanitarian services that that does not stop with fighting fire outbreaks but in saving the lives of people involved in road accidents.
“You know our work, which is a humanitarian service does not stop in fire-fighting but also in saving lives of people who get involved in road accident by speedily rushing to the spot and conveying the victims to the nearest hospital for medical attention,” he added.
He pointed out that sometimes, the reason for fire outbreak incidences are as a result of carelessness on the part of the residents who fail to put off their electrical appliances before leaving their houses, perhaps, there was no light in the house then and when electricity returns maybe because of high voltage, it would result to fire outbreak.
He therefore advices that before leaving the houses, residents should check all their electrical appliances, heaters, fridges, heaters among others as that is one of the best way to avoid and forestall fire outbreaks in the homes.
Peoples Daily learned from eyewitness at the spot of the Ganye Uku fire accident that the occupants were not in the house when the fire started and so the fire servicemen has to break the wall of the house and also from the roof before they were able to get their pipes into the house and so succeeded in putting the fire off

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: