By Evelyn Okakwu
The Presidential Fact-finding Committee on the abduction of over 200 schoolgirls from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, has begun interactions with officials on steps for their rescue.
A statement by the spokesperson for the committee, Ruben Osadolor said the fact-finding committee commenced discussion in Abuja yesterday, with some foreign countries that have pledged their support in the struggle to rescue the girls.
According to the statement, the chairman of the committee, Gen. Ibrahim Sabo (rtd), thanked the foreign officials and their governments for obliging to back the Federal Government of Nigeria in its bid to free the abducted schoolgirls.
He said the global response to the abduction was a reflection of our common humanity. In response, the officials expressed their enthusiasm in joining the search for, and freedom for the schoolgirls.
The Committee is scheduled to have further interactions with Defence and Security agencies, with a view to ascertaining the veracity of speculations that had been making the rounds in the weeks since the abduction on April 14.
Also, representatives of Borno State Government, who were unavailable at the Committee’s inauguration last week by President Goodluck
Jonathan, attended the Committee’s session today, and are due to participate in all activities of the Committee.