Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Mon, Nov 3rd, 2014

Bauchi: Generator fumes kill 2 sons of a village head

Share This
Tags

From Ahmed Kaigama, Bauchi

The village head of Dimsini Bula in Bununu, the headquarters of Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of Bauchi State, Adamu Sarkin Dimsini, last Saturday lost two sons as a result of generator fumes which they inhaled during a task.

The deceased, 29-year-old Suleimanu Adamu and his younger brother, 27-year-old Salmanu Adamu, lost their lives inside a well they were instructed by their father to dig in front of his palace as a result of inhaling fumes from a generator.

According to a statement made available at the weekend by the spokesman of the state police command, Haruna Mohammed, the village head instructed his sons to dig a well in front of his palace with water pump generator. But they were suffocated to death due to the emission of carbon monoxide from the generator.

He informed that police detectives from Bununu division have visited the scene of the incident and evacuated the remains of the brothers to the hospital for autopsy, and that there was no mark of violence on the bodies, saying that the police suspected no foul play in the death of the young men.

According to him, the remains of the deceased were later released to relatives for burial according to Islamic rites.

 

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: