Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
" />
Published On: Thu, Mar 6th, 2014

2014: Governor Yero signs N200Bn budget

Gov-Yero3From Muhammad Ibrahim, Kaduna

Kaduna State Governor, Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, yesterday, signed N200 billion 2014 budget of the state, though it was increased by the State House of Assembly from the N198 billion proposed by the Executive arm, to N200 billion.

The Governor further urged the Legislature to ensure strict adherence to the provisions of the Appropriation Act through proper oversight functions.

The budget was signed at a short ceremony held at the Executive Chamber of Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House.

Governor Yero said a retreat would soon be organised for members of the Legislature, the Executive arm and civil servants to ensure full implementation of the budget for the benefit of the people.

The Governor said the Executive arm will cooperate with the Legislature in carrying out its primary responsibility of ensuring that the people get value for money through efficient budgetary spending, saying the oversight function does not amount to witch-hunting but a process of ensuring due diligence and accountability in public spending.

Sixty three percent (63%) of the budget which was tagged “budget of peace and continuity” is to be expended on capital projects for the provision of critical infrastructures such as roads, hospitals, schools, rural electricity and water supply, while the remaining 37% is for recurrent expenditure.

Speaking shortly after the signing ceremony, Speaker of the House of Assembly said the budget was increased due to the need for more attention to be given to education, land and survey.


Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: